There is a line out of the movie He’s Just Not That Into You that resonated with me. It went something along the lines of that you have to keep checking a whole lot of different portals just to get rejected and it’s exhausting!
While I’m not getting rejected, I do think keeping up with all the social media is quite an effort. Here’s an inventory of all my online stuff that I’ve got to keep checking and updating on a regular basis – some more than others:
- Blogs – three of them
- Websites -two of them
- Facebook – one personal page, three group pages and one fan page
- LinkedIn (not so regular)
- Technorati (not so regular)
- Delicious (not so regular)
- YouTube (not so regular)
- Twitter – two of them
- MySpace – two of them
- Online newsletters – one of them.
How do I get time to even have a life? Thank God I’m not on any online dating sites – that would be more time I’d have to spend looking at screens!